Friday, October 2, 2009

Swaham

The very first thing that arose in my mind in my childhood days was – ‘Who am I?’ well here, let me share my feeling that I grasped thereafter. Firstly ponder on it and try to investigate that - Are we body, or mind or the intellect? One who thinks body, I will say to him that cut your hand and call that parted hand to be you – will you? If you think it to be mind or intellect (well, under it, much to discuss but confining for the time being) – as one thing is very clear that we are known in this world by our intellect but again we should think that this is only the material world – the all maya and we should not get captured by it. Then what is real? Many controversies are prevailing regarding this topic. Some say dream is a real world and not this mortal land! If you ask me I will say it’s a spiritual world. We are soul rather we are we! Body is just the clothes and intellect is ornament. Swamiji also said that we should not get carried away the word ‘I’. Now, I want to say that by this ‘I’, we shouldn’t mean ‘I’ is nothing but it is – it’s our soul and it is this soul that goes away with us after our death, so it is very important to build up our soul, but how? Here I want to mention that it is our character that ornaments our soul, rather it fills our pot of karma (here also I didn’t mean that that character is us as it gets build-up i.e. when we take re-birth, if you believe it as you should or will be, we don’t know anything and we learn the things from our surroundings and so character is build and fills our pot of karma with a new direction). Swamiji said when wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, then something is lost; and when character is lost, everything is lost! By these words he wanted to say that wealth plays no role in our own pleasure, it’s just a material pleasure! Body is somewhat essential part of our living so required but character is of paramount importance, if not there then what to do with body and so what for money! Now one question that may arise in our material mind is that ‘What is character?’ here first and foremost I want to impose a question – ‘What is the difference between Character and Personality?’ Well, one thing is very clear that Personality is seen and Character is hidden, again a culprit knows what is wrong and what is right, but even then he does so but he is aware i.e. it’s not that he didn’t realize. So coming to the point here I want to say that what we show outside is not required but what we are inside that really matters! The point is not straight rather weird, i.e. if we think, two things happens in our mind – one we judge its good or bad and second we ponder on it or we bypass it. Everyone get to know what is good or bad if he go inside himself (everything is inside us and that’s why the great sages get atma jyana or the ultimate brahma jyana simply by meditating themselves!), but the action didn’t obey it, rather it’s our mind hat redirects it and that ultimately accounts for our karma!

No comments:

Post a Comment